Libraries @ Trocaire
Articles, eBooks, Images and Videos
- Click here to contact a librarian with questions about any items on this page or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Click here to use one of our Program Guides as a road map when doing research.
- When you are off campus you need to login with your Trocaire username and password whether or not you reached this page through Moodle.
- This is the same username and password you use to log into the computers on campus and Trocaire email.
- If you cannot access the databases, try logging into your Trocaire email account with the same usnername/password combination.
- If you can not log into your email account, you will not be able to use the databases from off-site. This is an IT issue and you should contact Technology Services / Helpdesk for assistance.
Indicates that the resource is available to Trocaire users only. If you are off-campus, you will be asked for your Trocaire username and password.
Article & Research Databases
Business First - updates financial and local (WNY) government news throughout the day.
Chronicle Online - Chronicle of Higher Education (CHE) academic news, advice, and jobs.
CINAHL Plus with Full Text - scholarly articles for Nursing and Allied Health
Daily Med - drug information
Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) - free, full-text, and peer-reviewed scientific journals
EBSCOhost - a large collection of scholarly and popular articles in a broad range of subjects
Faulkner Security Management Practices - information related to management issues in enterprise-wide network security
FAITS - Faulkner Advisory for IT Studies -- technology reports on network standards and applications, meticulously researched, plainly written, uniformly formatted, and easy to understand
Gale Cengage Learning - scholarly and popular articles in a broad range of subjects.
Global Road Warrior - global information on society, culture, food, travel, business practices, and communications
Health Services - Public Health
International Relations and Security Network - international studies, literature, e-learning, etc. from agencies, institutes and universities world-wide.
LION Literature Online Reference Edition - literature, criticism, reference, biographies
Medline Plus - for the general public
Medline/PubMed - for health care professionals
Ovid - scholarly collection of articles and eBooks for nursing and allied health
PILOTS Database - electronic index to Traumatic Stress Literature from the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Click on "Search the PILOTS Database" located near the middle of the page.
ProQuest Central - a large collection of scholarly and popular articles in a broad range of subjects
ProQuest Nursing - scholarly articles for nursing education
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) - helping nurses to develop the knowledge and skills to improve health care systems
SIRS Researcher - information on social issues (including Top 10 PRO & CON), art, science, government, and the humanities.
Statistical Abstract of the United States - statistics on social, political, and economic conditions | If there are problems viewing this database, use a browser other than Internet Explorer. Examples are Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
- Username: ASTJournal
- This is the correct username. Ignore the request for an email address.
- Password: 6GaR@tp8-2 -- Occasionally there are technical problems with this journal and you may have to login twice.
- You have the following search options.
- Browse by specialty after logging in. NOTE: This list is out of date. The latest entry is dated 2011.
- Browse by date by clicking on Journal Archives, at the top of the page.
- The search feature does not give you the best results, therefore, you should consider looking for articles in theJournal Archives.
- Please contact a Trocaire librarian to ask any questions about how to search this publication.
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
Credo Reference - excellent place to begin your research on an unfamiliar topic.
Encyclopedia Britannica Online Academic Edition - online version of the respected Encyclopedia Britannica
Historical Encyclopedia of American Business - comprehensive coverage of all major historical aspects of American business and finance
Oxford English Dictionary (OED) - a state of the art guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over 600,000 English words
Books in Print - Professional Edition - Find information on books, audio books, and videos that are currently in print or are forthcoming.
eBooks from EBSCOhost - over 475 electronic books in science, medicine, technology and liberal arts. In addition to new books, this database contains NetLibrary titles See tutorials to learn how to read & download books.
Ebook Library (EBL) - Online and offline access to eBooks on a wide range of subjects. On a public computer, read it online. On your personal computer or eReader, download the book after installing Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). For help go to ADE Help page.
IGI Global Research Collection - Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing Informatics and Nursing and Clinical Informatics: Socio-Technical Approaches
Resources for College Libraries (RCL) - Core list of book titles for community and 4 year colleges.
Nutrition Care Manual from the American Dietetic Association
OVID eBooks - over 140 books on anatomy, physiology, nursing, pediatrics and other topics important to health care professionals
ImageQuest - This resource from Encyclopedia Britannica provides access to thousands of free images that can be inserted into academic assignments. Note: for educational use only.
SMART Imagebase: Scientific and Medical Art - download medical illustrations, videos, interactive tools, and monographs of anatomy, physiology, embryology, surgery, trauma, pathology, diseases, conditions and other topics.
Ambrose Video - Nutrition, Literature (BBC Shakespeare, Author’s Lives), US History, CNA, Science
Films on Demand - Hospitality, Nursing, Imaging, Anatomy, Human Resources, Theban Plays (Sophocles)
Locate a Specific Journal
CUFTS is a searchable A-Z journal title list. Use this site when you are looking for the database that indexes or contains full-text articles for a your journal.