- Community users are members of the community who are not current students, faculty or staff at Trocaire College, as well as Trocaire College alumni. Community users are welcome to use the Libraries@Trocaire.
- To check out books and other materials from either location, a community user will need to get a library card from Trocaire College.
- To use the computers, a community user will need a Trocaire library card and a Network User ID from the Office of Information Technology at Trocaire College.
- Community users do not have off-campus access to databases.
- Community User Library Cards and Network IDs can be used at either library location.
To receive a Library Card
Community users must visit the main desk at either library location to fill out the appropriate paperwork and present their driver’s license or other form of official photo ID to receive a library card. Community users must renew their library cards annually starting June 1st. All cards expire on June 1st of each year, regardless of issue date. Cards can be renewed by coming in to speak to a librarian and paying the annual fee.
Trocaire alumni are granted a Community User Library Card for free. The card must still be renewed each year.
|Annual Library Card Fee for Community Users||$15|
|Annual Library Card Fee for Trocaire Alumni||$0|
To receive a Network User ID
The Community User Library Card is needed when obtaining a Network User ID.
Community users must obtain a Community User Library Card and pay the annual fee before they can receive a Network User ID. The Network User ID expires on June 1st, regardless of when it was issued.
With a Trocaire College Community User Library Card, community users can fill out a Request for Network Identity form. Librarians will provide and authenticate this form upon request. The form will then be given to the community user, who is responsible for delivering it to the Office of Information Technology.
IT will issue a username and password to the community user. These credentials allow community users and alumni to log on to a computer on campus and to access the library’s collection of databases, e-books and other electronic content.
Community users must also follow Trocaire College’s Technology Use Policy.