Loan Period | Renewals | Overdue Items | Library Fines | Lost Item Charges | Unpaid Fines | Reserve Materials | Interlibrary Loan | AcademicSHARE
Check the chart below for how long a user may keep a library item.
|Books||28 calendar days|
|Media (DVDs)||7 calendar days|
|Serials (Journals)||7 calendar days|
|Reserves||1 day in-library use|
Items on Reserve must be used in the library.
- Before the item is due, contact a librarian by telephone (716-827-2434), this form or in person.
- Items can be renewed for a total of three times.
- Before a third renewal, the patron must bring the item into the library.
- If there are no patron holds for the book and it is in good condition, it can be renewed one more time.
Items which are not returned on or before the date on the due slip are overdue. Late and/or lost item charges will be charged to a user’s account. In addition, student grades and/or transcripts will be withheld in the event of outstanding library debts.
- Fines are due when returning the library material.
- Payment can be made by cash or money order payable to Trocaire College. We cannot accept checks.
- If items are borrowed from another library (Interlibrary Loan), the borrower is responsible for payment assessed according to the other library’s regulation.
Late Item Charges
- $10.00 per day for books and media on Reserve.
- There are no fines for circulating books, DVDs, magazines and journals, but grades and transcripts will be withheld until the item(s) are returned.
Lost Item Charges
- Items not returned to the library within 30 calendar days following the due date will be considered lost.
- The borrower will be charged $20.00 restocking and processing fee and the replacement cost of the item.
- Replacement charges may be canceled if lost items are returned; however overdue fines will still be charged on Reserve items.
- If fines are not paid, library privileges are revoked, and grades and transcripts withheld.
Borrowers are required to:
- Use their Trocaire College ID to borrow Reserve materials. Community users must use their Community User Library Card.
- Reserve materials may not leave the library.
- Handle Reserve materials in a responsible manner.
- Reserve materials must be returned to the Main Desk.
- A hold will be placed on the student’s Trocaire College account. Community users will have all privileges immediately revoked.
- Users will not be able to use any library materials until the material is returned.
- Users will have to pay a fine of $10.00 per day that the Reserve item was not returned.
- Once the Reserve item is returned and fines are paid, the hold will be removed from the user’s account. Library privileges will be restored to Trocaire students, faculty and staff members. Community user privileges will be at the discretion of the library.
- All First Offense penalties will be applied.
- In addition, a $50.00 Second Reserve Offense fine will be applied.
- Once the Reserve item is returned and fines are paid, the hold will be removed from the user’s account. Library privileges will be restored to Trocaire students, faculty and staff members. Community user privileges will not be restored and the user will be banned from library services.
- All First Offense penalties will be applied.
- In addition, a $50.00 Third Reserve Offense fine will be applied.
- Once the Reserve item is returned and fines are paid, the hold will be removed from the user’s account.
- The student will not be allowed to use Reserve items for the rest of the semester; including items that are required reading or viewing for class.
- Deans and/or Program Directors will be informed that the Reserve system has been abused and they will be informed of the consequences for the offender. The offending student’s name will be provided only to their particular Dean/Program Director. Based on New York State’s confidentiality of library records law, the Dean/Program Director will not be informed of what Reserve item(s) the student has removed. This action was approved by Student Affairs as of August 2012.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a system that allows library users to request materials not available at the Trocaire College Libraries from other sharing libraries.
- Materials borrowed through Interlibrary Loan have a loan period which is specified by the lending library, not the Trocaire College Libraries.
- If you wish to renew an ILL item, contact the library before the date it is due. Whether or not an item can be renewed is dependent upon the lending library’s policies.
- Any late fines for students will be added to their accounts. The cost of lost or damaged materials is assumed by the user.
- Provided through Trocaire College’s membership in the Western New York Library Resources Council (WNYLRC), AcademicSHARE enables libraries to work together to allow greater access to library and information resources.
- AcademicSHARE is designed for library users who need access to resources not available in either their local public library or other publicly accessible libraries.
- To take advantage of AcademicSHARE, a user must present their valid Trocaire College ID at the circulation desk of the participating library. That library may choose to call the Trocaire College Libraries to confirm that a user is a current student or faculty member in good standing with the Library.
- Late and lost fines will be determined by the lending library. AcademicSHARE users from other participating libraries are subject to the standard Trocaire College Libraries library fines.
- A list of participating libraries and further explanation of guidelines can be found through WNYLRC.
Thank you for your cooperation!